Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Karen Cramer




KAREN CRAMER, age 50, of Boundary Oak Women’s 9-Hole Golf Club in Walnut Creek has won the Pacific Women’s Golf Association Niners Tournament of Club Champions (TOCC) for the second year in a row.  Just a few years ago in 2012 she began her rise to the top as the  most improved player at her home club and, most impressively, in the PWGA of Northern California.  After winning 5 Club Championships at Boundary Oak from 2013 to 2017 she went on to win at Poppy Ridge back to back in 2016 and 2017 in competition with all PWGA Niner Club Champions.    

 I love playing nine holesIt gives me more time during the day to accomplish other things.  When my kids were smaller I couldnt devote that much time to an 18 hole group. It broadens your scope of people to know in the community I get to play with people of all levels yet compete only with myself—in our club I play with people in their 40s and others in their 80s. There is no other sport in which you can play with people of all ages and levels.  That is a huge bonus. I have been playing for the last 7 years and often join my husband and family on the course.

Cramer works with a local business consulting firm. The 9-holers play at Boundary Oak every Tuesday and have a membership of 62 players.

No comments:

Post a Comment